Wednesday 23 May 2012

Scotland Day 5 - Dolphin day!

We thought a revisit to Chanonry Point would be a good idea, now that we knew the routine better and could prepare better.  Sadly though, the Dolphins were a no show. 

Reflected Yachts at Chanonry Point
The waters were very still though and a hazy mist made for nice scenes I shot a few different angles and here's one for now.

After breakfast (lorne sausage for me!) and regrouping, we booked with Ecoventures to go on a boat trip from Cromarty to see Dolphins.  This was much better, very nicely run and they even let me sit at the back so I could use my fisheye lens on a monopod, held up in the air to take pictures.

Saw loads of Dolphins, they reckon around forty or so, some with calves.  While they came quite close I only managed a couple of shots that were any good.  Sadly my side of the boat was shooting into the sun so all Dolphins were silhouttes and no good at all. 
Some of them jumped clear of the water but I missed them too which was maddening.

Looking for Dolphins
After the boat trip we made our way to Lochindorb, where we saw Red Grouse and Curlew, didn't take pictures as they were too far away.

Final stop of the day was Anagach Woods as Red Squirrels are frequently seen there.  Yeah right, not even a hint of one, so back to our Bothy, where we spent a fun evening putting all our stops into Google Earth!.


Moving on to Ballachulish (I think) tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment